This is the homepage of Ben Brown. I am a writer, designer, programmer, publisher and entrepreneur. I have dedicated most of my entire life to making stuff on the Internet - since 1996!
I live in Austin, Texas with my wife and partner Katie Spence and our two children.
I currently work at Microsoft, where I am working in a group with the cool codename PhysOps. We work on technology at the intersection of digital automation and the real world.
Some of my current projects:
- Ben on Hackers.town
- Follow me in the Fediverse!
- Tim and Ben's Podcast
- I'm making a podcast with my best friend since third grade!
- Happy Net Box
- A super experimental internet social experiment based on the arcane and near-forgotten retro internet protocol known as FINGER.
- The Ben Brown Collection
- An Instagram account documenting my comics, books, action figures and memorabilia.
- Ben Brown Archive.org Collections
- I am uploading and organizing lots of old videos and stuff from my > 20 years of posting stuff to the Internet.
- My irregular newsletter
- A good way to keep up with what's happening in the Ben-o-sphere.
I'm available in the normal places too - Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Some of my greatest hits:
- Howdy.ai and Botkit - a bot building framework, 💸 sold to Microsoft in 2018.
- Table Flipper - for all your table flipping needs
- Make Pixel Art - the internet's favorite free pixel art editor
- Über.nu - a daily humor webzine that ran from 2000-20005
- Consumating.com - an alt-social network that ran from 2004-2008, 💸 sold to CNET Networks in 2006.
- Deepleap.com - your intelligent browser assistant. 1999-2000.
- System and Method for Managing Distribution of Rich Media Content (Disney)
- System and Method for Managing Group Communications (Disney)
- System and Method for Providing a Rich Media Visitor Log (Disney)
- System and method for providing concierge services to a mobile device user (Disney)
- Visual design of a conversational bot (Microsoft)
- Configuring a chatbot with remote language processing (Microsoft)
- Visual trigger configuration of a conversational bot (Microsoft)
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I made this website in vi in 2021 and updated in 2022. The last version of this page was made in 2013.
View past versions of this site in the Internet Archive.